Confused? - click here!

Thursday, June 29, 2017

Richard White - my 149th choice as a Disney Legend

Voice actor Richard White is my 149th pick to be named a Disney Legend. For Disney, he is most famous for voicing the character of Gaston from the Beauty and the Beast franchise. In a 1991 interview with Newsweek promoting the film, White said that he based Gaston on overconfident jocks he had seen during his teenage years and believed that "had Gaston made it to 30, he would have been twice-divorced with possible hypertension problems".

He of course sings in the film, taking part as one of the singers in one of the more memorable villain songs ever, named after his character - Gaston. Some of his lyrics -

When I was a lad, I ate four dozen eggs

Ev'ry morning to help me get large
And now that I'm grown, I eat five dozen eggs
So I'm roughly the size of a barge

He has also been a host of Walt Disney World's Very Merry Christmas Parade. He has voiced Gaston for other shows such as The House of Mouse.


No comments:

Post a Comment