Confused? - click here!

Thursday, December 6, 2018

Rod Taylor - my 403rd choice to be named a Disney Legend

Rod Taylor is the voice of Pongo, the patriarch of the pups in this animated Disney classic.
"One Hundred and One Dalmatians" opens with a bachelor -- Pongo -- lamenting his lonely life with his "pet" Roger, an equally lonely songwriter. Rod narrates the part with a soft, lovely, lilting English accent. He is my 403rd pick to be named a Disney Legend.

"101 Dalmatians" was one of the last of Walt Disney's films to be made under his personal supervision, and Disney himself selected Rod:
Walt had liked me in something, and personally called me to do "101 Dalmatians." I had forgotten all about it until it was re-released [in 1985]. Frankly, I've never even seen the film. But Walt was the sweetheart of all time. He and his people were so well-organized, it was unbelievable. They showed me rough cartoons before I recorded my lines, and I found it fascinating. I wish I had gotten to know him better.
-- Starlog magazine, May 1987

No comments:

Post a Comment