Confused? - click here!

Friday, May 19, 2017

Irene Bedard - my 143rd pick as a Disney Legend




She is probably best known as the speaking voice of the titular character in the 1995 Disney, which is enough to make Irene Bedard my 143rd pick to be named a Disney Legend.

She is the princess in animated feature Pocahontas and its direct-to-video sequel Pocahontas II: Journey to a New World. Bedard was also the physical model for the character.

Irene Bedard is known for bringing a powerful emotional presence to her characters. She was chosen as one of People magazine 50 Most Beautiful People for 1995. She also played Nakooma in Squanto: A Warrior's Tale and voiced Forest Ranger Hero in Higglytown Heroes.

When asked if she had a favorite part or any special memories from the production of Pocahontas, she answered:


I remember giving hugs to everyone on the last day of recording. We had so much fun together. I really enjoy the process of animation; it's all about imagination. I would ask myself things like, "What is it like talking to a tree?" and "What tone of voice would I use to talk to a raccoon or hummingbird?" Even how far the hummingbird would be from me was important. Was it right by my head or farther away? I loved working at the Disney animations studios. It was so wonderful to be told to "take a left at Goofy and a right at Mickey."

No comments:

Post a Comment