- He played the role of Henry in two live-action Disney films including The Computer Wore Tennis Shoes and Now You See Him, Now You Don't.
- Frank is often called on to provide animal voices, sounds and noises. He was the Bear in the Fox and the Hound.
- He voiced Toby and Felicia in the Great Mouse Detective.
- He was Louie the Sausage Vendor in Oliver and Company.
- He gave special voice effects for Raiders of the Lost Ark.
- He was Joanna in The Rescuers Down Under.
- He was Dumbo in Who Framed Roger Rabbit and Antie in Honey I Shrunk the Kids.
- He was the footstool and the wolves in Beauty and the Beast.
- He was the voice of Abu, Rajah and the Cave of Wonders in Aladdin.
- He made the reindeer sound effects in The Santa Clause.
- He was adult Simba roaring in the Lion King. He also voices several characters in The Lion King's Timon and Pumbaa.
- He was RC, Scud and Buster in Toy Story.
- He was Bigfoot in the Goofy Movie, Flit in Pocahontas and the Baby Bird in The Hunchback of Notre Dame.
- He gave the voice for Obby in Atlantis II and the Dobermans in the Brave Little Toaster to the Rescue.
- He was the voice of Pegasus in Hercules, Reggie in Scamp's London Adventure,Url in Dinosaur, Cri-Kee in Mulan, and the roars for Kenai in Brother Bear and James P Sullivan in Monsters Inc.
- He voiced the little monkey, Shep and the Tookie Tookie Bird in George of the Jungle.
- He made the bee and bird sounds in the Tigger Movie.
- He is the current voice for Figaro and played the character in Mickey's Once upon a Christmas as well as other shows and games.
- He voiced the dragonfly and jaguars in The Emperor's New Groove.
- He was Nana 2 in Return to Never Land, Sparky, Giant Sea Monkeys in Frankenweenie, the Whale in Finding Nemo, Sparky in Stitch the Movie,and Mochi in Big Hero 6.
- He gives voice to Pascal and Maximus in Tangled, as Bullseye and the Monkey in Toy Story 3, and Sven and Sitron in Frozen.
- He is the current voice of several classic Disney characters in television and video games including Oswald the Rabbit, Phillipe the Horse, Lucifer the Cat, Dopey, Bella, Butch, Herbie the Love Bug, Humphrey the Bear, Salty the Seal, Gus the Goose, Max the Dog, the Aracuan Bird, Louie the Mountain Lion and Dodger.
- He was the voice in many popular Disney TV series, including Bigtime Beagle, Baggy Beagle, Bubba, Tootsie, Poe De Spell, The Phantom Blot in Duck Tales, Kermit the Frog in Muppet Babies, Mr. Pettibone, Butch the Bulldog, Big Red Gooey Fish, Bella, Sheep, Figaro the Kitten in Mickey Mouse Clubhouse, Bronx, Baby Alex, Cagney in Gargoyles, Grubs and Brain Pods in Buzz Lightyear of Star Command, Odin in Avengers Assemble, and many, many more roles.
- He has provided a couple voices for the Disney theme park including a soldier in the American Adventure and voices for the Country Bear Vacation Hoedown.
- He is possibly the most uncredited actor in Disney films, with many roles and sound effects he did that he did not get credit for.
Tuesday, January 19, 2016
Frank Welker - Choice number 21 as a Disney Legend
My 21st choice is a voice acting legend in his own right - probably most famous as the voice of Fred in the Scooby Doo cartoon series. He has voiced hundreds of characters for different animated films, TV shows, commericals and video games, including many Disney movies and television series. Here are some of his Disney highlights (I am sure I do not know them all!):