Confused? - click here!

Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Chuck Day My 162nd pick to be named a Disney Legend.

Chuck Day was an imagineer for the Disney company and he helped to design the Doom Buggies that transport theme park guests through the Haunted Mansion attraction. He is my 162nd pick to be named a Disney Legend.

According to an article written by Paul Saunders -
"I came to WED Enterprises in 1965, and soon found myself working under Vic Green and Chuck Day. One of our projects was the rehab of Tomorrowland and architectural work on the Monsanto exhibit. Of course, MAPO and all our talent was brought to bear on the exhibit but the concept of the turntable loading and unloading of continually moving "cars"was one of the things I personally worked on, by analysis of people walking at normal speed, and walking onto the turntable to sync with the moving cars.
We feared that people would trip and fall, and would need moving handrails and someone to catch them if they didn’t make it. As it turned out, people had no trouble getting on or off the turntables. I was involved in all aspects of getting the facility drawings made under Vic. Since that exhibit was so successful, I was told that I would work next on the Haunted Mansion, which would have the same ride mechanism. I had been told - being new to Disney - that Walt never really felt good about "walk through" exhibits in capturing the public’s attention to the story."

No comments:

Post a Comment